Key Partner: Bombtrack See all of our Key Partners
For the modern cycling enthusiast, Bombtrack focuses on making a bike for every activity out there. Rather than bikes that are highly focused on just one individual task, we design bikes that have a multitude of uses.
Bombtrack | Needle 700C Track Bicycle 53 cm
Product Code: 1125030216
- Frame/Fork: Reynolds 725 heat treated and multiple butted tubing with tapered head tube, BT BIKES "Criterium" carbon/alloy fork, 1.1/8-1.1/2 tapered, TANGE "Seiki" sealed a-headset
- Wheels/Tires: BT BIKES "AT490" double wall 32h 22mm wide front rim with BT BIKES Drome 9mm female bolt axle sealed hub, BT BIKES "AT490" double wall 32h 22mm wide rim with BT BIKES Drome 10mm regular axle sealed alloy flip-flop hub, KENDA "Kriterium" 700c x 23c tires
- Drivetrain: SRAM "Omnium" 165mm cranks with SRAM "Omnium" 48T chainring, KMC "510HX" 1/2 x 1/8 chain, SRAM "GXP" Bottom Bracket, 17T threaded cog
- Brakes/Cockpit: TEKTRO "RL-721 top mount hinged brake levers, TEKTRO "R312" caliper brakes, BT BIKES forged alloy stem, BT BIKES "Compact" drop bar, butted 6061-T6 alloy, BT BIKES "PRO" bar tape with vex gel, FABRIC "Scoop-Flat Elite" seat, BT BIKES "Zero" alloy seat post, frame integrated seat clamp
- Extras: Metallic grey (2-tone), 8.5kg (18.7lbs) Medium
From the moment the Needle was launched it caught the eye of track and criterium riders due to its steel, rather than alloy frame. The Reynolds 725 tube-set is double butted and heat-treated for a higher strength to weight ratio. This strength produces a very stiff frame, and thanks to the inherent dampening properties of steel, also very comfortable. This dampening characteristic means the frame is very compliant and stable through corners, and on rougher surfaces, which ultimately makes for a fast bike. The Needle frame has had a few significant updates for 2016. Perhaps most noticeable is the sloping top tube, and the tapered head tube. These are designed for very different reasons, the tapered head tube works together with a tapered carbon fork for stiffer, and more direct handling. The sloping top tube is a result of reducing the seat tube length, which allows for a little extra riding comfort and gives the bike its distinctive silhouette. The dropouts have been updated too and are brazed into the rear stays for a cleaner, smoother look. The drive train of the Needle is the proven Sram Omnium 7050-T6 alloy crankset and 48t sprocket which drives a 17t heat treated crmo rear cog. Each turn of the cranks transfers the drive through to our own Drome wheelset. The wheelset rolls on high quality sealed bearing hubs that are laced into a wider rim with 25c tires, for reduced rolling resistance and improved comfort.